BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Lentils, Lentils, the Magical Fruit...

And you should know how that song ends. haha. I made soup for dinner tonight. It was a recipe from the Weight Watchers cookbook called Simply the Best. The recipe was for Lentil-Spinach Soup and it was really good. I never realized how much fiber there is in lentils. And let's just say that fiber and me do NOT react well. I think I'm going to need a gas mask for me and one for my little kitty. I have a feeling she won't sleep with me tonight.

So the meal took over two hours to make. I like to "prep" everything first, so that once I start cooking, I have some down time to clean-up. Otherwise I end up with this huge stack of dishes to do after I eat, which I hate. So I cried my way through the chopping of two onions. Not sure how to stop my eyes from burning during the process. I had to keep walking away to splash water on my face. Then I had to examine and "pick through" the lentils. Not sure what I was looking for (my friend said rocks or debris), but I did it. After that, the process was just throwing everything into a pot and stirring occasionally for the next hour.

The end result was very good, and I have leftovers for another three meals since it made four servings. It was actually pretty filling, too. Depending on how I feel after today's meal, I may eat it for dinner tomorrow again since I plan on going to the gym after school and won't have to cook dinner when I come home.

Also, I found that I miscalculated how much I had to lose to get to my goal weight. I said I needed to lose 110 pounds when it was really 111. So I fixed my tracker in the sidebar. *sigh*

I do feel as though I need to clear the air about the cleaning bit. I don't want anyone to think I live in filth because I hate to clean. That's just not true. I dust, run the vacuum, mop the floors, and clean the toilet often. When I say I want to clean my house every other week, I mean spotless clean. Which I only do every once and awhile usually. I'm not counting my dusting, vacuuming, mopping, and toilet cleaning as part of that because I do that frequently.

Glad I cleared the air on that one. Now if only I could clear the air from the lentils...

0 comments: